Monday, June 13, 2011

My own cookie recipe

So, I decided to try to develop my own recipe. This is what I came up with. I may change it, I may never make it again, but I thought of it all by myself (unless I'm remembering another recipe and not realizing it. I don't think I am.)

2 cups of flour
1 cup of sugar
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup of oil (olive oil, saffron oil or similar)
2 eggs
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Thoroughly blend oil, eggs, sugar, salt, vanilla, cloves and cinnamon. Sift together four and baking soda, then add slowly to mixture. Roll into tablespoon size balls, pat flat and place on cookie sheet. Bake for 12-16 min, until light gold colored (until done).

I tried using 1 tsp. cloves and 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon with a 1/2 cup of honey. That resulted in adding 2 more cups of flour. I threw some cinnamon chips and chocolate chips in, too, and those would probably be good in the above recipe, but when I added to it, it turned out kind of bland (due to all the extra flour) although my husband liked them. Any tips or pointers are. of course, welcome.

2 comments:

  1. add a vial of fairy blood extract. and not to waste any fairys grind up their bodies for sprinkes, it will make your cookies simply magical!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a sure fire cookie recipe--i ask my daughters to make them...

    ReplyDelete